Last updated on 20 February 2020
PRIVACY AND SECURITY
We, FITLOV FZ-LLC, a free zone limited liability company duly incorporated with the Dubai Creative Clusters Authority, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, with license number 94526 and with its registered address located at In5 Tech, Dubai, United Arab Emirates (hereinafter referred to as “FITLOV”, “us”, “we”, “our”) respect the privacy of all of our users and are committed to protecting information collected through the Sites. Personal information about you may be collected in several ways when you use the Sites or any FITLOV Services.
1 – What categories of Personal Information do we collect?
The Sites collect certain information when you interact with it, for example, the Sites may collect “Personal Information“, which is any information that can be used to identify, directly or indirectly, an individual. The Sites may also collect data that does not identify you specifically. The following is a list of data that we may collect and process about you:
- Information that you provide by filling out forms on the Sites, including when you register, subscribe to any FITLOV Services including but not limited to interactive services (such as blogs, chat rooms, message boards, or other user forums); enter a competition or promotion, complete a survey or report a problem with the Sites;
- Your correct date of birth, which we may require that you submit accurately to ensure that you do not access the Sites if you are not of a legal age to purchase products offered for sale on the Sites;
- Any information you may provide regarding your weight, height, fitness goals and achievements;
- Any information on the Workout and Session including without limitation your development, your fitness plan, your meal plan;
- Any information you may provide when you contact us or send us a correspondence;
- Details of any transactions you carry out through the Sites, including the purchase of any Session by you; and
- Details of your visits to the Sites including, but not limited to, your computer’s IP address, password information, page interaction information, traffic data, location data, weblogs, and other data about the resources that you access.
You can access and review your Personal Information in the My Account section of the Sites.
If your Personal Information changes in any way or is incorrectly presented on the Sites you should immediately update or correct your Personal Information (as applicable) by accessing the My Account section on the Sites or, alternatively, by contacting our Customer Service
2 – For which purposes do we use your Personal Information?
We collect the above mentioned Personal Information for the following purposes:
(i) For the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party:
- to allow us to process your orders and payment, let you know the status of your order,
- to manage your account and to serve your requests in general,
(ii) On the basis of the data subject’s consent:
- to send you our newsletters as well as details of our products, special offers or promotional offers that may be of interest to you,
(iii) For the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us:
- to improve our understanding of your interests and concerns, to improve our understanding of your use of our products, for our internal marketing and demographic studies: we may use your information to make our Sites design and products/services better, as we believe that it is also in our legitimate interest to better serve you and respond to your needs.
- for security purposes: we may use information to protect our company, our clients, and our Sites against fraud, theft or any wrongdoing which may affect our activity as it is our legitimate interest to ensure the security of our activity.
3 – Who do we share your Personal Information with?
By registering, you are consenting to the collection of your personal data. If an order is placed with us, we need to hold Personal Information including your name, email address, phone numbers, home address, shipping and credit/debit card billing address(es) to allow us to process your orders and payment, let you know the status of your order, manage your account and to serve your requests in general. We may also obtain information as a result of authentication or identity checks. Your Personal Information will be given to the Trainers. Personal Information that you provide may be disclosed to a credit reference or fraud prevention agency, which may keep a record of that information. Personal Information may also be shared with other trading divisions within the FITLOV group.
We will disclose your Personal Information, as reasonably required for the carrying out of the FITLOV Services; such as but not limited to, providing your address to the Trainer, or submitting your Personal Information to a banking institution and/or to our online payment gateway service provider to obtain approval for your transaction.
Please be aware that if we are requested by any regulatory or government authority investigating any suspected activity to provide your Personal Information, we will be entitled to do so as permitted by applicable law.
We may also use your Personal Information to send you our newsletters as well as details of our products, special offers or promotional offers that may be of interest to you, and may also pass your Personal Information onto our carefully selected business partners or to our affiliated companies to enable them to send you information which may be of interest to you.
If you do not want to receive such information, you can just click on the “UNSUBSCRIBE” link in our emails, or set up your preferences in your My Account section or simply contact our Customer Service and they will assist you in this respect.
We may use Personal Information for our internal marketing and demographic studies, together with non-personal data to monitor customer patterns so we can improve the Sites design to better meet our visitors’ needs. If we change our policy on disclosure to others, we will inform you and you always have the choice of opting out via our Customer Service.
From time to time we may disclose Personal Information on a need-to-know basis:
- To our affiliates and ours and our affiliates’ owners, directors, investors, and/or employees;
- To our service providers and subcontractors, retained to perform functions on our behalf or to provide services to us; marketing and advertising; data processing; software development; payment gateway; website hosting and management; information technology and office services; legal, accounting, audit and other third party service providers; and further provided such service provider does not collect, use or disclose the personal information for any purpose other than to perform such functions or to provide services to us or as otherwise required by law;
- To any prospective seller or buyer of FITLOV’s business or assets;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to enforce or apply the Terms and Conditions and other agreements, to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain, or protect the rights, property, safety or security of FITLOV, our employees, agents, contractors, customers, the visitors of the Sites or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
4 – Who do we transfer your Personal Information?
Please note that we shall retain your Personal Information during and following the end of your use of the Sites as required to comply with law, for technical troubleshooting requirements, to prevent fraud, to assist in any legal investigations and to take any other actions otherwise permitted by law.
In certain cases, and for data hosting purposes Personal Information we collected about you may be transferred to affiliates, service providers, business partners located outside the EU to which Personal Information are disclosed in the GCC countries, Jordan, Lebanon, Canada and Singapore including to entities that are located outside of the European Economic Area, which may not have an adequate level of protection.
We have implemented appropriate safeguards with such data recipients by entering into data transfer agreements based on the European Commission standards clauses with such data recipients. You can ask for a copy of such appropriate safeguards by contacting our Customer Service.
We cannot guarantee however the security of, nor accept any liability for, any of the information you submit to us or any information we develop as a result of your use of the FITLOV Services.
All credit/debit cards’ details and personally identifiable information will NOT be stored, sold, shared, rented or leased to any third parties, save to our payment getaway service provider.
FITLOV takes appropriate steps to ensure data privacy and security including through various hardware and software methodologies. However, www.FITLOV.com cannot guarantee the security of any information that is disclosed online.
FITLOV is not responsible for the privacy policies of websites to which it links. If you provide any information to such third parties, different rules regarding the collection and use of your personal information may apply. You should contact these entities directly if you have any questions about their use of the information that they collect.
If you require further information, please contact our Customer Service.
We may use information from cookies for the following purposes:
- Traffic monitoring, for example, the IP address from which you access the Sites, the type of browser and operating system used to access the Sites, the date and time of your access to the Sites, the pages you visit, and the Internet address of the website from which you accessed our Sites;
- To recognize repeat visitors for statistical/analytical purposes; or
- Anonymous tracking of interaction with online advertising, for example, to monitor the number of times that a banner ad is displayed and the number of times it is clicked.
We may connect the information that we collect through cookies with other Personal Information that you provide to us. Such purposes are:
- To customize or personalize your experience of the Sites, for example, so that we can greet you by name;
- For transactional purposes, such as credit/debit card sales; or
- To monitor your use of the Sites in order to make our communications with you as relevant as possible, for example, by sending you email communications relevant to the parts of the Sites that you visit most often or by letting you know about features of the Sites that you have not accessed previously.
We may compile and report to third parties (such as advertisers) statistics about our users in terms of numbers, traffic patterns and related site information.
Whereas some cookies may be functional to collect information which will allow us to facilitate your browsing such as languages preferences, memorizing log-in, or saving the content of your shopping basket, other cookies also collect information on your behavior by saving your preferences as detailed above.
While functional cookies may be installed to facilitate your visit of our Sites, you may express your choice regarding our cookies through the privacy settings options of your browser which should include features to prevent from storing information on the terminal or processing information already stored on such terminal, unless you turn on the feature to allow such storage or processing.
Each browser has its own cookie management system, you can find information specific to your browser under the “help” menu, where you will be provided with all necessary information about how to set your preferences.
We cannot guarantee the proper functioning of the Sites if you choose to disable your cookies. However, your visit to our Sites will be significantly enhanced if cookies are not disabled.
6 – Google Analytics
The Sites use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics also uses “cookies”, to help us analyse how users use the Sites. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the Sites (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States of America. In case of activation of the IP anonymization, Google will truncate/anonymise the last octet of the IP address. Only in exceptional cases, the full IP address is sent to and shortened by Google servers in the Unites States of America.
7 – How long do We keep your Personal Information for?
Personal Information collected for the purposes hereunder will be stored only as long as necessary for the purpose of your commercial relationship with us, or as required to comply with our legal obligations.
If a judicial action is initiated, Personal Information may be stored until the end of such action, including any potential periods for appeal, and will then be deleted or archived as permitted by applicable law.
Your Personal Information will not be kept in a form that allows you to be identified for any longer than is reasonably considered necessary by us for achieving the purposes for which it was collected or processed or as it is established in the applicable laws related to data retention periods.
8 – Your rights
Subject to applicable law, you may have the following rights:
(i) Right of access You have the right to confirm with us whether your Personal Information is processed, and if it is, to request access to that Personal Information including the categories of Personal Information processed, the purpose of the processing and the recipients or categories of rec ipients.
(ii) Right to rectification You may have the right to rectify inaccurate or incomplete your Personal Information.
(iii) Right to erasure You may have the right to ask us to erase your Personal Information.
(iv) Right to restriction of processing In limited circumstances, you may have the right to request that we restrict processing of your Personal Information.
(v) Right to data portability You may have the right to receive your Personal Information, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and you may have the right to transmit that data to another entity.
(vi) Right to object and rights relating to automated decision-making Under certain circumstances you may have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to the processing of your Personal Information by us and We can be required to no longer process your Personal Data.
(vii) Right to provide your instructions regarding the storage, deletion or disclosure of your Personal Information after your death. When your Personal Information processing is based on your consent, you may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us at any moment. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
To exercise these rights, please contact our Customer Service.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent data protection supervisory authority.