- Increases Strength and Overall Health: Dancing is a workout; thus, it will automatically help to strengthen your bones and muscles. You’ll have more energy to keep dancing as your strength improves. Increased physical activity and exercise can help you avoid diseases like diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart disease, as well as minimize your chance of osteoporosis by strengthening your bones.
- Boosts Memory: When you exercise, the chemicals in your brain that drive nerve cell growth rise, and because dancing challenges you to memorize multiple steps and sequences, your brain strength rises, which aids in memory improvement.
- Improve Flexibility: Stretching both before and after dancing is critical for getting the most out of your moves while also avoiding injury. As you continue to dance, you will find that you are stretching more frequently and that each stretch becomes simpler to accomplish.
- Increase Balance: In order to perform each action and sequence correctly, you need to be able to maintain a strong centre of gravity. When you learn every movement and gain flexibility and strength, your posture, balance and spatial awareness will naturally improve, so that your every step becomes easier.
- Reduce Stress: When you dance, your body is completely focused on the music and surrounding environment at that moment. Being with friends or someone who likes to dance to your favourite music can help you focus on the moment you are in and help reduce the amount of cortisol (stress-related hormone) produced by the brain, thereby Reduce your stress level and tension.
In addition, dancing is a great way to spend quality time with your friends and family and engage in any social and cultural festivities. Dancing is known as one of the best exercises that boosts your mental health and reduces depression and mood swings. So, start grooving to your favorite songs and get inspired to make dance a part of your daily exercise and wellness routines.
Not sure where or how to start? Download the Fitlov app and get your own personal trainer to help you get started!